Hey I'm Spike and I have UC. This is a blog about my journey to transform my body and how I stay in remission from my bowel disease Here you will find information about: body building, healthy eating, fat loss, nutritional diets and ever now and than what's on my mind.
Monday, 30 April 2012
My Supplement Stack
All my muscle building supplements in all their glory.
Here's what they are and why I use them:
Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein - Night time protein with 5g of BCAA's to drip feed the protein during sleep and prevent goind catabolic. Also helps with recovery and muscle soreness.
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey - Protein I consume before and after a workout. Fast absorbing protein with 5g of BCAA's. No need to take extra BCAA capsules with this post workout.
Reflex L-Glutamine - I use this to aid recovery. 5g in the morning with a little juice and a glass of water, 30 minutes prior to food and than another 5g with my casein before bed. On training days I will take an additional 5g post workout. So that's 10g total non-training days and 15g total on training days.
Reflex Creapure Creatine Monohydrate - To give me added strength during my workouts with the increased ATP cells in the muscle. I have now started to cycle my creatine to save money and reap the benefits of re-loading.
PhD Creatine Monohydrate - Same reason as above.
USP Labs Modern BCAA's - Branch chain amino acids that I sip on before and during my workout to drip feed my body essential proteins.This has a 8:1:1 ratio of leucine, isoleucine and valine so no need to stack up with any extra BCAA's. Also contains electrolytes to keep the body hydrated, so a plus for my marathon training (I can add a simple carbohydrate for marathon training days).
Extrem Nutrition: Aminos - BCAA capsules used before, during and after a workout. I have replaced this with the Modern BCAA's during workout days but it's handy to have capsules as meal replacements. I normally open the capsules and pour the powder into my shakes.
Gaspari Myofusion - My meal replacement protein for when I need feed my body when I am out and about, short of time or just need to increase my protein intake. Amazing flavour and texture!
Labels:
supplement
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment