Just got my tub of Extreme Nutrition BCAA capsules and a tub of Reflex L-Glutamine.
After an intense week of very heavy lifting in the gym I noticed that my recovery was slowing down. This was expected since I was lifting weights in the triple figures, which is double my body weight. BCAA and other amino acids are meant to help with recovery and enhance the synthesis of protein into your muscles.
So this is how my I have been taking my new supplements:
- Woke up at 6.50am, drank some water and half a banana to spike my insulin. Consumed 6 capsules of BCAA.
- 7.30am I made a breakfast protein shake. 2 scoop PhD Pharma Whey, 400ml water, 5g L-Glutamine, 1 scoop jumbo oats, pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg and half a banana.
- Post workout shake immediately after the workout. I ate two organic dates to spike my insulin. 2 scoop PhD Pharma Whey, 400ml water, 5g L-Glutamine, 5g Creatine mono-hydrate, 6 capsules BCAA opened up and mixed into the shake.
Will take L-Glutamine with my Optimum Nutrition casein protein before bed. Only going to take BCAA capsules on training days, 6 capsules before and 6 after.
I had a very intense legs workout today so should be feeling sore morrow. Let's see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment