Tuesday, 24 April 2012

REVIEW: Kinetica 100% Recovery

Just had a 50 minute shoulder workout at home, no time to go to the gym since I will be busy revising and studying all week. It's around about 11pm now so my body has plenty of glycogen stored from the today's food intake. Working out shoulders is one of my weakness due to hyper-mobile joint and a very very loose socket.

Anyhow, here's a quick review of my workout followed by a supplement review of Kinetica 100% Recovery. I had a 30g sample.

Shoulder Workout
Warm up - 10 pull ups (relaxed all the way down)
Warm up rotary cuff with dumb bells, 12 reps 2 variation sets
Dumb bell press - 3 sets
Lateral raises - 3 sets both overhand and forehand grip
Side raises - 3 sets
Shrugs - 2 sets
Repeated most of the exercises on a heavy gauge resistance band as well.

Supplement Review
Since it's past my bedtime and I want to drink casein before bed I decided to skip on my post workout shake and give the Kinetica 100% Recovery 30g sample a go.

Profile: With the sample there is about 10g or protein and 22g of carbs. No BCAA's added to this recovery supplement although it has got L-Arginine and L-Carnitine.

Value: 1kg of Kinetica Recovery costs £23.99 from Dolphin Fitness, so it isn't as cheap as some of it's competitiors, such as PhD recover 2:1.
Effectiveness: ??
Mixability: Mixes easily and very well although there is some foam, especially at the end. No lumps or bits, just a smooth drink.
Taste: Only tried black current and it was surprising good. Smooth creamy texture due to the protein but the flavour is subtle and quite satisfying. I have tried PhD Recovery 2:1 in lemon flavour and that had a strong after taste so I had to drink it pretty fast as the taste was not enjoyable (again a free sample).

I doubt the supplement will have much affect due to the small amount of protein and carbs available from the sample pack but overall it is a satisfying recovery protein with simple ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment