Keeping things simple tonight since I need to be in bed very soon so I can be up at 6am.
How is my shoulder after injuring it during my back workout?
Well, lets me start by saying I had an awful night sleep. Slept like a vampire and could not move without being woken up by the pain. Also let me remind you guys that I can't even take an Ibuprofen tablet. I would have loved an ibuprofen tablet last night!! No pain killers due to bowel disease.
At the moment my trapezius is feeling fairly good compared to 24 hours ago. The combination on ice, rest and Movelat gel helped to aleviate the pain but I believe most of the healing was due to diet and supplement as I cannot remember the last time I recovered from this injury this fast.
In the morning I applied an ice pack to my shoulder. I took 3g of Aminos on an empty stomach followed by oats and banana for breakfast. I also consumed 400ml of whey with 5g of L-Glutamine.
For lunch I had to have a salad since I was at university and none of the food met my dietary needs (junk food or not FODMAP compatible). SO mixed salad with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pumpkin seeds. I also consumed 400ml of PhD Casein which contained 3g aminos and 5g L-Glutamine.
When I got home, I consumed a further 3g of amino on an empty stomach followed by teriyaki salmon, rice noodles and bok choy.
The aminos and L-Glutamine seem to be having a positive effect on my recovery.
Cardio session tomorrow
Supposed to be in the gym tomorrow but I'm still healing. I have planned a one hour cardio workout with 30 mnutes on the bike and 30 minutes on the treadmill training for my marathon. Session on bike will be to defleat glycogen storage and burn fat. I will be pretty tired when I start running so I may consume half a banana and than start running. Will aim for 3 miles or unlimited mileage on 30 minute timer.
Going to bed so I will go and make myself a casein protein shake
No comments:
Post a Comment