Hey I'm Spike and I have UC. This is a blog about my journey to transform my body and how I stay in remission from my bowel disease Here you will find information about: body building, healthy eating, fat loss, nutritional diets and ever now and than what's on my mind.
Wednesday, 4 April 2012
Night time protein
Just before bed I always drink casein protein. This is something I used to do before I started going to the gym. I found that during the months when I was recovering from flare ups, I was not able to maintain my body weight. Consuming protein shakes gave me a great source of sustenance and kept my body weight stable. Any muscle gained from doing push ups and rock climbing also remained.
I also tend to get hungry during the night so casein is great to stop hunger cravings.
I normally use PhD Pharma Blend casein protein. Tastes great in Belgian chocolate and a little foamy and sweet in white chocolate.
Night time protein receipe:
2 scoop PhD Pharma blend - Belgian chocolate is my favourite
2 teaspoons of organic almond butter
350ml Almond milk
I sometimes use 100ml of water and 250ml of the milk to reduce the calories. The consistency of the shake is not really affected. Still tastes amazing.
Labels:
recipes,
supplement
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment