Friday, 20 April 2012

Incredible legs workout at Muscle Mania Gym

As part of my marathon training and fitness goals, I have been going to the gym daily.

We have had four days straight of rain in London but today Mr Sun is out and I am charged up! Got up nice and early to hit the gym for my legs workout, and also a planned run for my cardio workout. Once again I beat two of my personal bests AND ran pain free afterwards!

Here's how it went, it's a little intense and I hit every muscle:
Warm up - spider push ups, torso twists, leg press, weighted jumps
Dead lifts - 80kg (10rep), 90kg (8 rep), 100kg (6 rep), 120kg (4 rep) [Personal best beaten, that was soooo heavyyyyy]
Barbell squats - 50kg (10 rep), 60kg (8 rep), 80kg (10 rep), 100kg (8 rep), 110kg (6 rep) [Personal best beaten]
Single leg press - 3 sets (each)
Leg press - 3 heavy sets
Hamstring curls - 3 slow cadence sets, squeeze those muscles!
Quad curls (single leg) - 3 sets
Quad curls - 80kg max 3 sets [Matched personal best]
Seated calf lifts - 3 sets, 50kg max
Calf raises -three sets from 55kg upwards
Hip abductors (flexion and abductors) - 3 supersets each

No comments:

Post a Comment