Monday, 9 April 2012

BCAA Day Three - Chest & "Intensity to the next level"

OK....so I haven't been in the gym since Friday so this is session three on BCAA and L-Glutamine.
Just as a reminder, I took 6 capsules (3gram) of BCAA on an empty stomach when I woke up. Exactly 30 minutes after that, I consumed my pre-workout protein shake breakfast.

Here is what was in my breakfast protein shake:
400ml water
2  scoops of PhD Pharma HT Whey - Cookie Dough
5g L-Glutamine
2g Creatine
1 teaspoon of organic honey
2 teaspoon of organic almond butter
Handful of jumbo oats

I didn't have any bananas at home today so I added 1 teaspoon of honey for the simple sugar.
I added 2g of creatine to this shake as I have not had any creatine in my system since Friday, and was playing badminton on Saturday. Maybe a psychological top up although creatine can be taken at any time of the day (better to take it after a workout).

The Workout
Woke up motivated at 6.50am. I took intensity to another level with this chest workout. Muscular failure was what I was searching for with ever rep. Every set was a drop-set, so I started with a heavy enough weight that I could reach failure in within 8reps. I stayed in failure mode and pushed as many reps as possible and when I could no longer push, my gym buddy would assist on the pushing motion and let me do the negative actions until failure (normally 5 negatives). Every set was a drop set from heavy to light and all past beyond failure. I loved it!! My gym buddy hated every rep and dreaded every set.

What we did::
Barbell bench press - three variations with drop-sets, concentrating on pushing on failure on lighter weights
Smith bench press, flat and incline - heavy weights to start (60kg) than down to a drop set, 12sets in total with the drop-sets. Also did negatives during failure with an assist.
Decline barbell bench press - moderate weight followed by drop-set, wider grip than normal
ISO Chest press - 3 sets with drop sets, to failure with negatives
Tricep dips - to failure than negatives
Wide tricep dips - to failure than negatives

Cardio on the treadmill for my marathon training after this workout. You will have to check my running blog to find out how all my training is going.
http://spikertk.blogspot.co.uk/

Post-Workout Shake
2 organic dates (eaten before drinking protein)

400ml water
5g creatine
3g BCAA (capsule casing removed)
5g L-Glutamine
2 scoop PhD Pharma Blend HT Whey

No comments:

Post a Comment