Sunday, 12 August 2012

New macros and supplements for improved gains?

During my vacation to the USA, I have not been able to manage my diet strictly and often struggled with getting good quality foods. Apart from getting a little weaker my physique has not suffered and the increased intake of simple carbs for my marathon training did not seem to effect my body fat percentage. Well at least not from visual inspection.

A review of my goals:
Run a half marathon - I will still have to train and continue running. Carbs in my diet is essential to fuel my runs which should also compliment my weight training in terms of building mass. I am a little concerned about gaining body fat but I will have to see how much carbs I can tolerate.
Increase muscle mass and stay lean - Should be simple enough. 20% caloric deficit from BMR, just as long my training is consistent. Building and maintaining muscle through lifting heavy and smart supplementation.

Macros
40% protein
45% carbohydrates
15% fats

New Supplements
Optimum Nutrition BCAA capsules before workout
Optimum Nutrition Amino acids and electrolyte during workout
Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro Whey with Glyco-maize, Creatine Monohydrate and L-Glutamine

No comments:

Post a Comment