I have been following my macro nutrients of 40% protein, 45% carbohydrates and 15% fat ratios for a few days. I noticed that I am consuming excessive amounts of healthy fats on almost every day as I am used to mixing flaxseed oils and seeds with my meals and protein shakes.
I have been on low carb diet for a long time with very high protein levels, so have become accustomed to mixing healthy fats in all of my meals and drinking protein shakes in between meals. Now that my carb ratios are the highest of my macro nutrients, I am finding it difficult to balance my meals without measuring all of my food on a scale and making notes.
Anyhow, I did a little more research and once again changed my macro nutrients. I know.... you might be thinking that I should try and stick to it but it's only a small change.
New macro nutrients will follow the baseline ratio of:
30% Proteins - significantly lower than any of my previous diets but still enough to build muscle
50% Carbohydrates - Highest ratio so far but this should fuel me on the gym and whilst running
20% Fats - Good healthy ratio that I am accustomed to
My BMR calories with a 20% deficit calculates to = 2115 calories per day
Protein = 158g
Carbs = 264g
Fats = 47g
Six meals a day so the split per meal looks like this:
Protein = 26.3g
Carbs = 52.8g
Fats = 11.7g
No comments:
Post a Comment