Chest session today started off a little rough. Partner turned up
late and was struggling all day, even with light weights. That really
effected his moral so I spent most of the session trying to motivate him
plus a fair bit of verbal abuse aimed with good intentions (later paid
off, young ones these days).
Anyhow had time to warm up and was motivated by Rocky movies. I started doing my normal routine which is:
- 50 wide grip push ups (no rest)
- Than push ups towards each hand. Normal push than lean to left for push than center than lean to right for a push up.
- Next was tapers. Get as low as possible and lean left than right with opposite elbow straight.
- One handed dynamic push up to end
If you thought normal push ups were hard, these just take it to a whole new level. Really pleased that I have the strength to be able to even attempt some of these.
Workings sets for the chest workout:
1) Barbell bench press - 40kg (10 reps), 8 reps of 50kg 60kg 80kg. 80kg is my PB I struggled.
2) Incline bench press - 8 reps of 40kg 50kg 60kg. Struggling due to elbow tendonitis
3) Dumbbell bench press - 8 reps of 17.5kg 20kg 24kg 26kg than dropped the 28kg on rep 4. Lacking stability due to elbow.
4) Incline dumbbell bench press - 8 reps 17.5kg 20kg 22kg
5) Chest flys - 8 reps of 12.5kg 15kg 18kg. New PB with 18kg
6) Incline iso chest press - 12 reps of 30kg than 40kg to failure with negatives
7) Iso chest flys - 10 reps 2 sets to failure
8) Wide push ups with feet elevated to failure than 5 reps when in failure until I couldn't get myself of the floor
New personal best once again even with the elbow issues. I am taking care of my elbow guys, I do wish to return to rock climbing and I will have to lift heavier so I cannot afford to ignore the tendonitis.
Anyhow had time to warm up and was motivated by Rocky movies. I started doing my normal routine which is:
- 50 wide grip push ups (no rest)
- Than push ups towards each hand. Normal push than lean to left for push than center than lean to right for a push up.
- Next was tapers. Get as low as possible and lean left than right with opposite elbow straight.
- One handed dynamic push up to end
If you thought normal push ups were hard, these just take it to a whole new level. Really pleased that I have the strength to be able to even attempt some of these.
Workings sets for the chest workout:
1) Barbell bench press - 40kg (10 reps), 8 reps of 50kg 60kg 80kg. 80kg is my PB I struggled.
2) Incline bench press - 8 reps of 40kg 50kg 60kg. Struggling due to elbow tendonitis
3) Dumbbell bench press - 8 reps of 17.5kg 20kg 24kg 26kg than dropped the 28kg on rep 4. Lacking stability due to elbow.
4) Incline dumbbell bench press - 8 reps 17.5kg 20kg 22kg
5) Chest flys - 8 reps of 12.5kg 15kg 18kg. New PB with 18kg
6) Incline iso chest press - 12 reps of 30kg than 40kg to failure with negatives
7) Iso chest flys - 10 reps 2 sets to failure
8) Wide push ups with feet elevated to failure than 5 reps when in failure until I couldn't get myself of the floor
New personal best once again even with the elbow issues. I am taking care of my elbow guys, I do wish to return to rock climbing and I will have to lift heavier so I cannot afford to ignore the tendonitis.
No comments:
Post a Comment