Friday, 17 August 2012

Epic Legs Workout - Personal bests beaten

I haven't trained my legs properly in almost two months. The last time I trained my legs was in New York City but I didn't have a spotter to be able to squat heavy.
Today's training was absolutely epic. My new diet with increased carbohydrates is giving me plenty of energy. I feel as though I am making quick gains and the results are starting to show. (Note that I am still on creatine monohydrate)

Here's how my Legs Workout went:
Leg press - 50kg, 3 variations of 10 reps for a warm up.
Barbell squats - 60kg box squats 10 reps for warm up. Followed by 8 reps of 80kg,100kg,120kg and than 6 reps of 140kg to beat my personal best.
Smith machine squats with legs forward to activate the quadriceps - 8 reps of 70kg,100kg, 110kg. I believe that might be the heaviest I have lifted for this variation of squats.
Deadlifts - 60kg 10 reps, 100kg 8 reps, 120kg 3.5 reps matching my personal best.
Hamstring press - 3 sets 8 reps, 70-100kg range with 1 set of negatives - Personal best
Quad curls -  8 reps, 84kg - 110kg range - Personal best matched
Calf raises - 54kg 15 reps than 80kg to failure (I managed 12 reps)
Hip abductors and flexures - 4 sets of 20 with 30 second rest, 30kg for outer muscles and 35kg for inner

Abs Workout
15 rep wipers
30 reps leg raises on roman chair
50 rep bicycles


 This was not a pleasant experience!

15 minutes cardio on the stationary bike, keeping my rpm above 80.



No comments:

Post a Comment