Monday, 28 May 2012

Low Carb Diet - Update

Got the jitters yesterday after my 9.5mile run. Had very low sugar levels and was slightly dehydrated. Obvious cure is to eat a banana and re-stabilise blood sugar levels but I had already consumed my carb macros in excess. So I made myself a salmon omelette with a side of iceberg lettuce salad instead.

I will measure my body fat hopefully today and assess whether I have lost any body fat. This should give me a good indication if my low carb diet is working or whether my body is resisting and maintaining body fat for survival. If there is no change in BF I will start carb cycling and maintain my 5 day split workout routine and continue with my marathon training plus the extra cardio on rest days.

The only way for me to achieve BF of 7% at this stage seems to be low carb caloric deficit. I maintain my energy levels by consuming 70g of fat (30% macro) per day, supplement L-Carnitine, Ginseng, Multi-Vitamins. Recovery supplements are whey protein with BCAA's, BCAA's and L-Glutamine. This matched with a strict diet and supplementation seems to keep me 'fighting fit'.


Let's see how it goes. I am looking a little leaner this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment