Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Changing to a five day split

I need to change my training routine again. Can't seem to stick to one due to changes in my week. Last week I implemented my marathon into my weight lifting programme. I found that I spent a long time in the gym, almost 2 hours for two body parts and about an hour  of cardio, which includes my marathon training.
This was eating away at my day and I wasn't going to the gym at 7am and not sleeping as well as I used to.
I had no problem recovering from my weight lifting but recovery from the long run that I did on Sunday is slow, still sore today even with a high protein intake plus the L-Glutamine.

New routine will be a 5 day split working one body part per day and implementing cardio.
Monday: Chest + Light cardio
Tuesday: Back + 30 min training run
Wednesday: Arms + Light cardio
Thursday: Legs + 30 minute training run
Friday: Shoulders + Easy walking
Saturday: REST
Sunday: Long training run


I will use this programme this week and see how it goes. I am hoping that I see good muscle gains, recover faster, hopefully manage to have more time in my day and sleep better.

1 comment:

  1. Update: Workout went great. Only used four machines and completed a total of 18 sets, failing on the last set. Definitely feeling stronger and confident that the shoulder problems are resolving. All exercises today were isolation, no free weights used since I feel l need a day to recover.

    I think 5 day split will work well for me.

    ReplyDelete