Hey I'm Spike and I have UC. This is a blog about my journey to transform my body and how I stay in remission from my bowel disease Here you will find information about: body building, healthy eating, fat loss, nutritional diets and ever now and than what's on my mind.
Sunday, 13 May 2012
Cheat Meal 1: Turkey Bolognese
High carb cheat meal after my 9.33mile marathon training run. This is my first bolognese in almost a year when I gave up eating foods made from white processed flour.
Ingredients
Lean minced turkey
Wheat free speghettii
1 carrot
Half red pepper
2 bunch spring onions (green part only)
Organic passata
Tomato puree
Italian herbs
Worcester sauce
BBQ sauce
Pepper and Himlayan sea salt
(Cheese is optional)
This meal is gluten free, FODMAP compatible. High carb, low in fat and with protein.
High carbohydrate content required to replensish glcogern storage depleted from training run and to shock the body. Hopefully this meal will aid in recovery and increase my metabolism. I will be eating clean for the next 6 days and doing cardio. Really hoping my body fat goes down to single digits as it is measured at around 10% at the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment