I wake up every morning and the first thought that goes through my head is "How can I improve myself today". Each day is a new day and I try to find new ways to challenge my body and mind for positive changes and/or improvements.
Making compromises with regards to my health means I am going backwards. My body notices negative changes. Negative changes effect my mind and my body and that feeling is not good. The more I compromise with my health the greater the negative effects, the greater the risk of falling out of remission. I want to remain healthy and pain free for as long as I can so falling out of remission means causing more damage to my colon. This means the disease spreads faster and it's pretty much inevitable what happens from there onwards. If this is not so obvious the risks are as follows:
- Greater risk of colon cancer
- Greater the chance of requiring surgery to remove parts of the bowel
- Internal bleedin
- And the continual pain, discomfort,lack of appetite, loss of weight etc
Although this may not be my future, it is for many people with bowel disease and I fall under that category.
It's not fun being ill so why should I make exceptions and compromise when it comes to my health and well-being. For the sake of society for the sake of being sociable? Is it worth it? Is the compromises that I make due to pressures of society worth it?......
Not every will understand, not everyone needs to understand. It's my life after all, it's my future.
I like to smile and stay as positive as possible so that's what I will continue to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment