I joined a local gym here in New York City yesterday (Bally's
Fitness Centre). I paid $25 which seemed like a lot since I am only here
for another four nights but they didn't ask any questions and gave me
immediate access to all their facilities. They didn't offer me
the 7 day guest pass.
Anyhow, back in a proper gym after four weeks so what did I get up to? Legs, abs and cardio!
Legs Workout
+ Warm up - Leg Press, 4 sets than 2 sets single leg, maximum 180lbs
+ Smith machine squats - 5 or 6 sets, I went HEAVY!! 340lbs with bruises on my shoulder. People were staring. Oh guess what new PB!! 154kg.
+ Hamstring curls - 4 sets, 130lbs, 6 to 10 reps. This felt good, I finally felt strong with this exercise.
+ Quad curls - I went HEAVY! Lifting beyond 100kgs up to 260lbs. 5 or 6 sets with 6 to 10 reps
+ Standing hip abductors and flexures - New machine for me to try. 3 sets with 15 - 8 reps. Lifting as heavy as the machine allows than maxing the weights for the last set. Repetition is better with this exercise but I went with low reps this time as I want to encourage muscle growth.
+Calf raises - 3 sets8 to 10 reps, around 50kg max
Abs Workout
+ Window wipers - 2 sets 8-10 reps = people staring, this really hit the spot!
+ Hanging Knee Raises - 2 sets 10 reps. I should do more but it's been a while.
+ Decline crunches - slow and intense, 8 reps 3 sets
+ Obliques, side crunches - 20 rep with no weight than 15 rep with 35lbs plate
I'M BACK!
Anyhow, back in a proper gym after four weeks so what did I get up to? Legs, abs and cardio!
Legs Workout
+ Warm up - Leg Press, 4 sets than 2 sets single leg, maximum 180lbs
+ Smith machine squats - 5 or 6 sets, I went HEAVY!! 340lbs with bruises on my shoulder. People were staring. Oh guess what new PB!! 154kg.
+ Hamstring curls - 4 sets, 130lbs, 6 to 10 reps. This felt good, I finally felt strong with this exercise.
+ Quad curls - I went HEAVY! Lifting beyond 100kgs up to 260lbs. 5 or 6 sets with 6 to 10 reps
+ Standing hip abductors and flexures - New machine for me to try. 3 sets with 15 - 8 reps. Lifting as heavy as the machine allows than maxing the weights for the last set. Repetition is better with this exercise but I went with low reps this time as I want to encourage muscle growth.
+Calf raises - 3 sets8 to 10 reps, around 50kg max
Abs Workout
+ Window wipers - 2 sets 8-10 reps = people staring, this really hit the spot!
+ Hanging Knee Raises - 2 sets 10 reps. I should do more but it's been a while.
+ Decline crunches - slow and intense, 8 reps 3 sets
+ Obliques, side crunches - 20 rep with no weight than 15 rep with 35lbs plate
I'M BACK!
No comments:
Post a Comment