Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Supplements that I am taking

A list of supplements that I am taking to build muscle, lose fat and fuel my runs:

MUSCLE BUILDING
ON 100% Gold Whey - Fast acting whey protein with BCAA's
ON 100% Casein - Slow release night time protein with added BCAA's and Glutamine
Muscle Pharm Combat - Protein blend with both fast and slow release proteins (meal replacement or time release)
ON Glyco Maize - Fast and slow release carbs used in post workout shake to help spike insulin and aid in protein absorption
USP Labs Modern BCAA - Electrolyte and BCAA drink used during workouts with 10g of BCAA per serving. Help maintain muscle mass, helping when dieting and building muscle
PhD/ ON/ Reflex Creatine Monohydrate - Improves strength when dieting and provides extra energy to the muscles. Compliments running when explosive power is required on sprint bursts, extra energy in the gym when lifting weights which results in greater fat burning as more effort can be applied

FAT LOSS
Dymatize L-Carnitine (liquid) - Suppresses hunger and aids in fat burning. Also helps improve performance on running performance as fat storage use is optimised

RECOVERY
High 5 Recovery - High carb shake with whey protein isolate. Only 18g of protein but this is sufficient for an endurance athletes macro nutrients requirements. Higher carb intake than protein
Dymatize L-Glutamine -

Also mixing whey protein and glyco maize acts as a recovery supplement.

RUNNING
High 5 Recovery - as above in recovery section
High 5 4:1 - Electrolye based fluid used either during or after a workout session. Combination of carbs to and protein to fuel and recover
High 5 Xtreme - Stimulant based preworkout drink with carbs. Help provide the focus and energy required for a long run
Kinetica Joint Support - Blend of high dose glucosamine, choindroitin, MSM and anti inflammatory remedies to support joint health care. I am having a lot of problems with my knees so hoping that thisis halping and I cannot take Ibuprofen so any herbal anti inflammatory remedy is welcomed

HEALTH AND VITALITY
A-Z Multi Vitamins and Minerals
Ginkgo Biloba
Korean Ginseng (Panax)
Cod Liver Oil capsules 1000mg
Flaxseed Oil capsules
Ferrous Sulphate
Echinacea

All of this is complemented with a 5 day weight training programme with cardio, a three day marathon training programme and carb cycling diet which is pre-calculated with every gram of food measured to meet the macro nutrient requirements.

2 comments:

  1. well done spike...this is like reading a portion of arnolds health regime....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S.K.D
      I didn't realise that people actually look at my blog. I try to preach what I practise and it also gives me a method to look back on my training.

      Delete